Kennedy Hope Academy
Home >> Programs and Services >> Educational Services >> Kennedy Hope Academy
Rui Carreiro, M.Ed., Program Director1-617-779-1670
In partnership with McLean Hospital, the Kennedy Hope Academy is a residential school utilizing applied behavior analysis (ABA) and positive behavioral supports (PBS) to provide state-of-the-art treatment to students, ages 5-21, who have challenging behaviors, autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities, neurological disorders and/or concurrent psychiatric illnesses. Kennedy Hope Academy offers a year-round specialized education program as well as psychopharmacology, speech and occupational therapy, and community-based recreation opportunities.
The program brings together the long-standing commitment of Franciscan Hospital for Children's pediatric rehabilitation specialists and educators, as well as the resources and psychiatric expertise of McLean Hospital. The school is located within Franciscan Hospital for Children and features onsite outdoor playgrounds, a student computer lab, specially designed sensory rooms and access to specialized medical and dental services.
- 17-bed residential school
- Newly renovated and enhanced residential and educational space
- Specializes in serving students with severe challenging behaviors including physical aggression and self-injurious behavior
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and positive behavioral supports (PBS) model emphasizing Least Restrictive, Most Effective approach
- Interdisciplinary approach including psychopharmacology, medical services, special education, and speech and occupational therapy
- Family services program
- Highly trained staff
- Community-based recreational opportunities
- Rui Carreiro, M.Ed., Program Director.
To reach Rui, please call (617) 779-1670.
- Nicole Abenaim, Ed.M., BCBA, Director of Clinical Services.
To reach Nicole, please call (617) 779-1629.
- Residential services are licensed through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (www.eec.state.ma.us)
- The private school program is approved by the City of Boston School Committee
- Franciscan Hospital for Children is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
For more information on the Kennedy Hope Academy, or to tour our facility, please contact Jonathan Parkhurst, J.D., Director of Educational Admissions at 617-254-3800 ext. 7723, or by e-mailing him using the form below.
Behavior Analyst Certification Board
Association for Behavior Analysis International